Many web link descriptions are taken and/or adapted from the respective websites. To report any broken links or inconsistencies in website information, please contact the Library at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additionally, PG's Student Assistance Program is a confidential third-party support and counseling service provided by Health Advocate that is available 24/7 and complimentary to all active Purdue University Global students and their dependents. Visit PG Campus's Page on the Student Assistance Program.
CommonHelp is a web-based app that will allow Virginians to:
• Screen for eligibility for social services benefits & services
• Apply for these benefits & services (including renewals)
• Check the status of their benefits
• Report changes to their status
• Access help 24/7
There are several Medical Assistance Programs offered in Virginia. Each program covers different groups of people and each program has different eligibility requirements. When you apply for Medical Assistance, you are screened for all possible programs based on your age, income, financial resources, and other information. To be eligible for a Medical Assistance Program, you must meet the financial and non-financial eligibility conditions for that program.
The purpose of this program is to help eligible low-income households offset expenses associated with heating and/or cooling their home.
Types of assistance:
• Crisis Assistance — Applies to Heating Emergencies
• Fuel Assistance — Offsets Heating Fuel Costs
• Cooling Assistance — Applies to Cooling Utility Bills & Equipment
• Weatherization Assistance — Applies to Energy efficiency & Air Filtration
The program, administered in Virginia by VHDA, encourages the development of affordable rental housing by providing owners a federal income tax credit. It also provides incentive for private investors to participate in the construction and rehabilitation of housing for low-income families.
EITC is a federal tax credit for low-to-middle income working individuals and families. To qualify you must file an income tax return - even if the IRS doesn't require filing taxes for your income level.
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) can be used like cash to buy eligible food items from authorized retailers.
A SNAP account is established for eligible households and automatic deposits are made into the account each month.
The TANF program provides eligible families with a monthly cash payment to meet their basic needs. For a child to be eligible he must be:
• Under age 18, or if 18, will graduate from high school before age 19
• Going to school regularly if he is between the ages of five and 18
• Living with a parent or other relative
• A U.S. citizen or an eligible immigrant
The Virginia Department of Veterans Services advocates for Virginia veterans and connects them to earned benefits and services they have earned. Information on current federal, state and local veterans’ programs, entitlements and referral services is available in Virginia through a network of 34 benefit service offices. All services are provided free of charge.